Saturday, September 25, 2010

Off to Bilecik

I have to admit, I'm a little uneasy. I've planned my day up until I get off the bus from Ankara to Bilecik, but the vast unknown awaits. I imagine I'll be picked up from the station. That's what I've been told. But then what? I have no idea where I'll be living, what I'll be teaching, who I'll be teaching, whether English is a futile language in such a place, and most importantly, whether I'll find some souls to spend time time. Its daunting, considering all of this, but so be it.

Orientation in Ankara was wonderful. I met a ton of great friends who find themselves in similar situations. We'll support one another well, I know, and provide a couch to sleep on come travel time. Some of the areas of interest we've visited were wonderful. The mausoleum for example (resting place of Turkey's founder Kemal Ataturk) was exquisite and powerful, and the Kocatepe Mosque was breathtaking.

Well it's time to finish packing (again), say a prayer to whatever's out there in the cosmos, and hit the dusty trail. I'm sure there'll be more to say soon. Insha'allah I'll have internet connection enough to help me do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment