Monday, December 20, 2010

Suits and such..

I was apparently starved of fiction when I picked up Capote's "Breakfast at Tiffany's" this weekend in Eskisehir. Books in English are tough to come by unless you venture into the big city. I was lucky enough to pick Capote on a whim, because I discovered that the story was tremendous, and its message pertinent. I took away both the uneasiness and anxiety of settling down in a world so open and captivating, and the paradoxical rest-assured importance of presence. It was a serendipitous find.

I'm incredibly thankful that Christmas will be spent with a few colleagues/friends in Balikesir - a town I've mentioned a few times by now. We're planning a gift swap, which means I need to purchase a gift, which I find somewhat disagreeable because I know it's going to be an endeavor. I'm too fickle to buy gifts (or anything for that matter) even though its the right thing to do and it makes me feel great. I planned to buy a suit while over here (Turkey is the land of suits), and it's been months combing through different hues of colors, sizes, styles. I've narrowed the field down to a few hundred shades of grey and blue and bluish-grey. Something to showcase my blue eyes, and something that makes me look distinguished in a rightful, moral way. I don't want a flashy suit. The fit matters, too. Not too big, not too small, naturally.

I'll let you know in a few months how the search is progressing. Expect very little of it.

All is well. Stay in touch.




1 comment:

  1. Navy Blue darling...to showcase those eyes... blue navy before midnight navy (which might be just a whisper dark for your fair complexion) Now, I think I have to come to Turkey to fulfill my obligation to proffer my wardrobe consulting skills...Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete